Prepaid roaming is now open to three East African countries Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. Tigo prepaid customers will be able to roam under Orange Kenya, Africell and Tigo Rwanda networks.
All Tigo prepaid customers will be able to roam when they are in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
Prior to roaming is there anything that is recommended?
- The customer must have an active prepaid number.
- Top-up the account before leaving with sufficient credit or carry some paper vouchers which can be able to recharge while in roaming destinations.
What do I do once I arrive in the visiting country?
- Turn on the handset. Most handsets should automatically update to the strongest available network.
- If not, you can manually select the preferred network by choosing the manual search mode from the Network Settings option in the handset.
How do I top up my account?
- Use Tigo Niwezeshe (*149*05#. *149*49# or *149*22#)
- Use the Tigo Niwezeshe money to send a text back home for someone to top-up your account from:
- Tigo Rusha
- Tigo Pesa recharge